Currently, there are five expat magazines published in Beijing- and I may be missing some. They are all free, published bi-weekly or monthly and can be picked up at expat oriented restaurants, language schools, shops et cetera. They provide a good overview of everything that goes on in the city, though some seem to focus mostly on new restaurants. Two magazines are aimed at parents, but also contain articles of more general interest. The websites for the magazines usually provide an overview of things to do in the coming weeks and a directory of restaurants and shops, but also sports clubs and schools.
- The Beijinger: http://www.thebeijinger.com
- City Weekend: http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/
- That’s Beijing: http://www.thatsmags.com/beijing/
- Beijing Kids: http://www.Beijing-kids.com
- City Weekend Parents and Kids: http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/articles/pkbj/